Craving a guilt-free pick-me-up for those mid-morning slumps? I've got just the treat for you!
I love these bars topped with a little Homemade Sweet Cinnamon Almond Butter or with my afternoon Glorious Golden Milk (page 161 & page 192 of my Live Fit Kitchen Cookbook).
Not only is hemp protein a perfect balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that promote heart health, but it’s also high in GLA (gamma-linolenic acid), which is proven to naturally balance hormones.
I’m all for that!
1 cup gluten-free old-fashioned oats
½ cup ground flaxseeds
½ cup chopped walnuts
¼ cup almond meal
¼ cup raw cacao nibs
¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
¼ cup hemp seeds
¼ cup chia seeds
¼ cup sesame seeds, toasted
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup pitted dates
1 cup water
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons honey
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, flaxseeds, walnuts, almond meal, raw cacao nibs, coconut, hemp seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds, raw cacao powder, and cinnamon.
3. Blend the dates with the water, coconut oil, vanilla, and honey in a food processor or high-speed blender till smooth.
4. In a large bowl, combine the dry and wet ingredients and stir till evenly mixed.
5. Spread the mixture in a 9-by-13-inch nonstick baking pan. Cut into 24 small squares.
6. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until crispy.
7. Store bars in an airtight glass container for up to 1 week, or freeze for 2 to 3 months.
3-Day AT-HOME Weekend Retreat
SEPTEMBER 29 - OCTOBER 1, 2023
Blissful Balance Retreat focuses on restoring your balance so you can find solace, rejuvenation, and personal growth.
Imagine a weekend that's all about YOU – a weekend filled with yoga, meditation, and nourishing meals that rejuvenate your body, mind, and soul.